Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Birdhouse Ornaments



I also made eight birdhouse ornaments during the holiday season in 2013. I got the idea from similar vintage ornaments I have seen online and decided to make my own.


I used reproduction German scrap, gold Dresden, dyed felt, crinkly tinsel wire and vintage tinsel over wire for the handles.


Roofs are covered with glass glitter:


This one has a corrugated roof and old sheet music:


Also bits of old millinery:
  Blue:


 I made the roofs in different directions:






This one is the only one with a gold glass glitter roof:


The houses are wrapped with coffee dyed felt and crinkly wire.


All different:




so cute together:






Have a wonderful day with lots of Vintage style.

2 comments:

Dorthe said...

How sweet they are dear Deb,- love you used the felt for them-and their blinky roofs !! Wonderful ,they are !!
xo,Dorthe

Shell said...

Your bird houses are such beauties.